Sunday

Hunter Rain Boots Add Shine to Stormy Days

While most Arizonans prefer the dry heat the desert brings, I embrace the rain that occasionally visits us. Sadly, it is for only one reason: my Hunter rain boots.

While rainstorms are few and far between in the great state of Arizona, every fashionista should be prepared for whenever we might be faced with dreary weather.

That’s why I purchased these beauties:

Photo courtesy of Nordstrom
The Hunter 'Kellen' boot in cranberry. It was definitely love at first sight. I had always been drawn to the shiny rubber that Hunter boots are made from and I finally pulled the trigger this year.

Hunter was once a primarily Scottish company with mostly British clientele. The boots were designed to combat Europe’s rugged terrain and gloomy rainy days, but now Hunter offers their classic, colorful rubber boots worldwide.

The great thing about the rubber boot is that they come in many different colors and styles that could compliment any fashionista's wardrobe. Not to mention, who doesn’t love a little pop of color on a gloomy day? 

Ever since this purchase I find myself constantly checking the weather so I can wear them on the right day. The temperatures are finally starting to drop though and I cannot wait until I can break them in.

Some might be a little afraid of the color and patent rubber, but fear not fashionistas, there are many great ways you can style a Hunter rain boot. I put together some clothing sets and all of the looks feature versatile pieces of clothing that can be worn with the Hunter 'Kellen' boot or any other rubber galoshes.

Photo set courtesy of Polyvore
Photoset courtesy of Polyvore
Photoset courtesy of Polyvore
As you can see, rain boots are more versatile than most people think. Not only can these same outfits be worn on a rainy day with the accompaniment of a nice rain jacket, they can also be worn all year round.

My style closely resembles that of the first photo set, so whenever Arizona gets the slightest bit of rain, wind or clouds you can guarantee that you will see me combating the gloomy weather with my cranberry rain boots, skinny jeans, sheer blouse and oversized accessories.

Who knows, I might even throw in a patterned umbrella. Embrace the few seasonal changes we get in Arizona this season with a colorful, rubber rain boot, you won't be sad you did.

Haley Buntrock
Vice President