Wednesday

Fashion DONTS

Now I know many of you are just dying to be fashion forward and love to keep up with the trends, but there's some trends that definitely take fashion a little too far.

There are those fashion trends we see every now and then that we look at and think to ourselves, when was that ever the peak in the fashion era? Let me refresh your mind, the 80s? Whoever thought that was the IT thing for us to bring back was so very wrong. And while I'm at it I can tell you that I feel the same way about Ed Hardy. Anyone who is ANYONE in fashion knows that, Ed Hardy is NOT fashionable.

I can go on to explain why this is such a faux pas, and to start with, it looks like vomit glitter on a shirt, and it has never been in style. The ostentatious trucker hats and hideous christian audiger logos I see everywhere on campus are just for a lack of better words a disgrace to the fashion world.

There is a difference between being fashionable and looking good, and then there's attempting to be fashionable by following some ridiculous trend that has no where to go but the streets of the Bronx. Unfortunately, I've seen about everyone wearing this hideous clothing and just for the record, it looks terrible.

Along with fashion dont's, are the snuggies. Seriously? A fashion show for a bunch of blanket dresses? This is when you know that the fashion world has taken a twisted turn to the point where anything can have a fashion show. I can't wait till doggie couture is the next big thing. Just remember when you see a fashion show for TV accessories, or something super ridiculous, it's just as bad as everything I've mentioned.

Stay fabulous and in style.

Jacque Valle