Friday

January 2012 Magazine Analysis


The January 2012 issues for major American fashion magazines such as Marie Claire, Vogue,  InStyle and Elle are showing off powerful female figures such as Angelina Jolie, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Garner and Katherine Heigl.
 
The January issue of Marie Claire featured Angelina Jolie, who defines what it means to be a working mother. While she just wrapped production of her new film "In the Land of the Blood and Honey," which she directed and wrote, she still remains grounded and focused on the things that matter in her heart - her family.
 
In her cover story interview Jolie says, “Well, I have a few girlfriends. I just...I stay home a lot. I’m just not very social. I don’t do a lot with them, and I’m very homebound.”
 
Meryl Streep, another powerhouse female figure, appeared on January’s issue of Vogue. She discussed her new film "The Iron Lady" and her many accomplishments.
 
Vogue also highlighted one of the most well known designers, Marc Jacobs.  Rumors have conspired that Jacobs will be leaving Louis Vuitton for Dior. 

"I am at Vuitton, and I am very happy there,” Jacobs said. “I’ve been saying that for a long time. There have been on-and-off conversations about Dior. I don’t know; maybe someday in the future, maybe years from now... But right now I am at Vuitton, and all that matters to me is that that’s where I am and I’m going to keep doing my thing.”

Elle’s January issue focused on the ins and outs of women with self-help articles,  makeovers and ways to gain your self-confidence back in the New Year. You can find a guide to keep your new years resolutions inside this month as well.

They also featured Katherine Keigl in a new light, with a bold hair cut and sultry looks. 

Jennifer Garner warmed the cover of InStyle. The magazine revealed hot looks for the New Year. Showing off bold prints and highlighting “grape” as the new “it” color.

They described it as “eye-catching and sumptuous, this bluish purple adds richness and depth to your wardrobe”.
 
This issue of InStyle also includes sneak peaks into what you can expect to see this month on the runway, but be prepared to see bold prints, patterns, and a new trend of pastels!

Kathleen Etzel