Tuesday

Loungerie

As I was looking around the internet and my magazines, I noticed something that has been obvious, but I never really realized had a name. It's called "loungerie." It sounds weird and slightly scandalous, but I'm starting to see it everywhere, both muted and obvious, and I kind of love it!

One website called loungerie the style that's super girly, ruffly, soft, and sweet with the obvious style of lingerie. Of course, we aren't going to go run outside in our bras and underwear, but I like the idea of incorporating the similar themes into actual clothing. Plus, having pretty under-stuff makes you feel great, am I right?

Loungerie is most well known for it's silky smooth fabric, blousey, lacy, and thin traits. These pieces can be anywhere from tiny bralette tops, to lacy shorts and skirts, to entire outfits and dresses, that all have those little things that remind us of lingerie. They're comfortable looking and feeling, very feminine, sexy, and much classier than letting your bra show to get that little effect!

I would even go as far as classifying the sheer summery shirts and dresses as part of the loungerie category, although some could be a stretch. Either way, loungerie or not, I love the look!

Take a look at some of these loungerie pieces!


You're Beautiful!
Ashley Rae