Monday

YSL at the Opera



Another one of the reasons why I love YSL so much. A great collaboration of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and a night of opera last Friday. Celebrities like Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen and Emmy Rossum graced their presence at a night full of art+fashion+music.


I think Claudia Schiffer makes a good point in stating in an article by style.com "What I love about the opera is the silence—just listening to the music. No one is talking, no one is eating. There's just a lot of respect for the arts onstage."


While I think opera and the arts are something you grow to appreciate with age and knowledge, we must remember that fashion is its own art form just like other things. Art doesn't have to be in paintings but it can be expressed in many other ways and the more we appreciate it and understand it, the more we see a connection between the different forms of art like music and fashion. I think these three elements surround our daily lives and without them, most people wouldn't know where to draw inspirations from. They're all art and they are all beautiful in one way or another. Cheers to YSL's efforts to joining other art forms and creating more diversity within their brand.


PS: Check out my newest post on my weekly column. Cut it out!


Stay classy and fabulous darling fashionistas,


Jacqueline Valle