Thursday

What does John Mayer, Tithi Kutchamuch and Nutre Arayavanish have in common?

If you are anything like me, the only familiar name in that question is the guitar genius that is John Mayer. So who are these other guys? And what the heck do they have in common with Mr. Mayer? The truth is nothing, except for my curiosity and a little thing I like to call Google. Let me elaborate. While sitting at work I was listening to John Mayer's song "Half of my Heart" off his most recent album Battle Studies. The part of the song that really caught my attention is as follows:

Half of my heart is a shotgun wedding to a bride with a paper ring
And half of my heart is the part of a man who's never really loved anything

Depressing, I know. But what sparked a very tiny light bulb in my head was the concept of a paper ring. Now, I've made rings out of some strange things, i.e. bubble gum wrappers and the like, but a simple piece of paper never really crossed my mind. So I did some research and I am proud to present to you my new number one wish on my birthday list.


This unique collection of fold out paper rings was created by the talented designers Tithi Kutchamuch and Nutre Arayavanish. There are twelve rings, one for each birth flower of each month of the year. To make it even more personal, each ring is sent still in its original laser-cut and engraved piece of textured white paper for the gift-giver (or gift-receiver) to assemble themselves.

So if you were painfully contemplating what to get your Mom, best friend or girlfriend for their birthday, I humbly say "You're welcome." To learn more, make a purchase, or view other creative projects by Tithi, click ON ME.

Andrea