Sunday

Ah...and then real women walked the runway

OMG! from Yahoo wrote an article last week highlighting the "fuller" and "older" figures on the runway during Paris Fashion Week.

Now...fuller to designers is a size 4, and older is 28. And yet, a change is in the air.

Designer Marc Jacobs told OMG!, "Designers are always talking about how they design for women, and then you look at our runways and there [are] no girls over 20. This time, I set out to cast a variety of sexy women -- younger, older, thin, voluptuous, from every ethnic background."

Being a model myself ("with just a little more ass," as Justin Timberlake would say), this is great news! So many times I've worn things on the runway that I would never wear off the runway because they don't fit me the way I would have wanted them to because they're made for women with zero curves.

I also hope this will allow those overly thin models to gain more weight (a.k.a eat!). I'd say, about half of the runway models out there are naturally built that tiny and tall. The other half, however, are seriously hurting themselves trying to be.

Seeing fitter models on the runway is a change I'm all for.

Stay safe for spring break, fashionistas!
E.